Terms and Conditions
All prices stated are in New Zealand dollars (NZD) and include a 15% Goods and Service Tax (GST) where applicable. We accept all major credit cards (note credit card transactions will incur a 2.95% for Visa and MasterCard or 3.5% for American Express surcharge).
When you make a booking, you guarantee that you have the authority to accept and do accept on behalf of yourself and your party the terms of these booking conditions. A contract will exist as soon as we issue our confirmation invoice. This contract is made on the terms of these booking conditions which are governed by New Zealand Law and we both agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the New Zealand Courts at all times.
When you make your booking you must complete our online booking form, accepting on behalf of yourself and all your party these booking terms and conditions, the general information and pay a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the total cost of your booking if booking longer than 30 days from your stay. Note a security bond will be included in the total booking price. The balance must be paid before 30 days prior to your arrival. Should your stay be within 30 days from the booking, then you are required to pay the entirety of your booking at that time. If any amount is not paid on time, we reserve the right to cancel your booking and retain any deposit paid.
Once we have received your booking form and deposit, we will, subject to availability, confirm your stay by issuing a confirmation invoice by email. This invoice will be sent to the party leader. Please check this invoice carefully as soon as you receive it. Contact us immediately if any information which appears on the confirmation or any other document appears to be incorrect or incomplete as it may not be possible to make changes later. We regret we cannot accept any liability if we are not notified of any inaccuracies in any document within 5 working days of sending it out.
Because unexpected events can impact your travel plans, we recommend that you protect your vacation investment by purchasing travel insurance.
Cancellations that occur within 30 days of arrival will incur the total accommodation cost.
Cancellations outside of 30 days from arrival will result in the 25% deposit being forfeited.
Changes or alterations to bookings can be made after our confirmation has been issued providing the request has been received at least 30 days prior to arrival. We will do our utmost to make the changes, however this will be subject to these terms and availability.
Cancellation of the booking can be made by New Zealand Sotheby’s International Realty Luxury Rental Homes if full payment has not been received in accordance with these terms.
There are unforeseen occasions when a reserved property may become unavailable, due to unanticipated circumstances. This may be out of our control, so we are unable to accept any liability for such an occurrence, financial or otherwise. In this event, we reserve the right to cancel the booking on behalf of the owner. However, every effort will be made to find alternative comparable accommodation for the intended dates of stay otherwise unused rental fees and charges will be refunded. No further compensation will be payable.
Check in 3.00pm onwards
Departure 10.00am strictly
Early check in or late departure may be requested but depending on previous or arriving guests this is not guaranteed. This request must be made by prior arrangement.
Lost keys may result in the changing of locks for the whole property which together with all expenses will be at the expense of the guest which will be charged against the security deposit, or to the credit card used upon booking.
No liability can be accepted by us if we are forced to change or cancel your booking due to force majeure reasons. These include, but are not limited to; war, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, flood, adverse weather conditions, transportation or any other circumstances beyond our control. If this occurs before your arrival we will do our best to inform you although we are under no obligation to do so, or are we obliged to pay compensation.
New Zealand Sotheby’s International Realty Luxury Rental Homes reserves the right to require a security bond of one night stay. This bond is payable with the final balance 30 days prior to arrival. It is held in trust until after the guests have vacated the property, and a departure inspection has been completed. The security bond is refunded to the guest by way of their nominated credit card less any cost or expense, damage, breakage, or other loss applicable to or arising from the use and occupation of the property pursuant to this reservation. Should the bond be inadequate to fully cover any costs that may arise, we reserve the right to invoice you for the immediate payment of any liabilities associated with your stay.
The information provided contains statements representing our honest belief that the facts as shown are correct. Every reasonable effort has been made to describe as fully and as accurately as possible the property offered and every reasonable attempt will be made to supply what has been described. All bookings are made and accepted on the basis of the descriptions contained in the website, or as varied by us and we do not accept any liability if the actual property does not meet your expectations.
A standard departure cleaning charge has been built into your nightly rental. If you wish more frequent cleaning or servicing, this may be scheduled at an additional charge.
Bookings made for 7 nights or more will receive one mid-stay complimentary service. Bookings made for 14 nights or more will receive one per week.
Excessively littered and/or dirty conditions at departure will result in extended housekeeping hours that will be charged back to the guest plus an additional 20% service and handling fee. This includes but not limited to; carpet cleaning, stain removal, repaint, repair finishes, replace furnishings, textiles, BBQ or homewares, or excessive rubbish removal. This will be charged against your security bond, or if inadequate to the credit card used to pay for the original booking.
CONDITION OF PROPERTY
Guests agree to keep the premises reasonably clean and tidy at all times, and agree not to remove any chattels from the property. New Zealand Sotheby’s International Realty Luxury Rental Homes reserves the right to inspect the property at any time.
DAMAGE TO THE PROPERTY
Please report any damage or breakages to us immediately. Guests will be charged for any repair or replacement costs arising from damage caused to the property/chattels during their stay. Costs will be charged against the security bond, or, to the credit card used to pay for the accommodation. All charges are subject to our discretion and our authority to do so is valid for sixty (60) days after the departure of your stay.
It is essential that you review all property amenities, specifications and unique characteristics, including environmental conditions to verify that the property you have selected will be suitable prior to booking. Properties may be constructed with special features, limited accessibility etc. It is strongly advised that guests with mobility challenges or those travelling with young children discuss requirements prior to making a booking to ensure your booking is suitable for your requirements.
AGE OF GUESTS
Guests making a booking and any additional guests must be over 21 years of age, unless accompanied by a suitable parent or guardian.
Each property has specific occupancy limits and rules of conduct which are strictly enforced. The number of adults and children to occupy the property must be stated at the time of booking and must not exceed the allowed number of guests. Property boundary lines, privacy, and the quiet enjoyment of neighbours are to be respected at all times, with quiet hours observed between 9pm and 7am each night.
Increased occupancy, vehicle traffic, excessive noise, or illegal activity, will result in a $500 penalty fee, immediate eviction, and forfeiture of the remaining paid rentals. This penalty fee will be charged against your security deposit, or if not adequate to the credit card used to pay for the accommodation.
USE OF THE PROPERTY
The property is a residential dwelling and is to be used strictly for residential purposes by the guest(s) and the number of occupants nominated at the time of booking. The property is not to be used for any other purpose, without written authority from New Zealand Sotheby’s Luxury Rental Homes.
PARTIES AND EVENTS
The use of the property for a function, party, or any other form of event is strictly prohibited. Use of the property for purposes other than a residential dwelling will result in immediate eviction from the property, termination of the booking, forfeiture of all prepaid rentals and a penalty of $500, deducted from the security bond and the balance to the credit card provided upon booking.
Animals are not permitted on the property. If animals are found on the property, a $500 penalty fee will be charged, PLUS any extra cleaning fees and eviction.
There is to be no smoking inside the property including garages and bathrooms. Please remove any cigarette butts from outside the property on departure. If tobacco odour is noted on the departure inspection, the guest is fully liable for any additional professional cleaning, de-fumigation and painting costs if required.
CALL OUT CHARGES
In the event that guest(s) set off security alarms - or damage or misuse appliances or electronics - the guest will be responsible for callout fees. The callout fee will be charged against the security deposit, or to the credit card used upon booking.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
We do not accept any responsibility or liability for acts of omission of third parties that may prevent or disrupt a guest’s booking.
We will not accept liability under any circumstances for any instances that may affect any guest(s)’s personal well-being including personal injury, illness or death. Nor can we or third parties accept liability for circumstances that are due to your own actions, or to the actions of a third party, or to an unusual, unforeseeable circumstance where consequences could not have been prevented by us or our suppliers, even exercising all due care.
We do not accept any liability for loss, expense, damage, claim or injury either directly or indirectly, consequential or otherwise whatsoever, however caused or incurred, whether arising in contract or otherwise in law or equity as a result of rendering of the services or accommodation as described or substituted or due to any cancellation by us.
You acknowledge and agree:
1. That the contractual arrangements are between the guest(s) and New Zealand Sotheby’s International Realty Luxury Rental Homes as agent for the owner.
2. Any suit or proceedings in respect to this contract or the booking of the property shall not be commenced against New Zealand Sotheby’s International Realty Luxury Rental Homes and any judgment order or decree shall be limited to New Zealand Sotheby’s International Realty Luxury Rental Homes as agent of the owner of the property.
3. New Zealand Sotheby’s International Realty Luxury Rental Homes is not a party to the contract and shall have no liability to you for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage suffered or incurred by you whatsoever or howsoever caused arising directly or indirectly in connection with this agreement.
4. New Zealand Sotheby’s International Realty Luxury Rental Homes is a party receiving a benefit under this clause for the purposes of Contracts (Privacy) Act 1982 and accordingly is entitled to rely upon and enforce the provisions of this clause.
5. We cannot be held liable for loss of services such as electricity or water supplies, or any actions taken in the vicinity of your accommodation by any person(s) or authority over which we have no control. Similarly, you should be aware that there may be occasions when an advertised facility is either modified or not available. Such situations may be dictated by local circumstances, breakdown of machinery and/or the necessity for maintenance, unsuitable weather conditions, fuel shortages, power cuts and other circumstances beyond our control. If we are advised of this we will endeavor to inform you in advance, but cannot be held liable in such circumstances.
6. In the unlikely event that you have any reason to complain or experience any problems with your stay, you must immediately inform us. Any verbal notification must be put in writing and given to us as soon as possible. Until we are aware of an issue or complaint, we cannot begin to resolve it.
7. If the particular property which gave rise to the claim or complaint complied with local laws and regulations applicable to that accommodation at the time, the accommodation will be treated as having been properly provided.
LAW AND JURISDICTION
1. Any disputes will be governed by New Zealand Law and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the New Zealand Courts at all times.
2. The submission by the parties to such jurisdiction shall not limit the right of the owner or ourselves to commence any proceedings arising out of this Agreement in any other jurisdiction we may consider appropriate.
3. Any notice of proceedings or other notices in connection with or which would give effect to any such proceedings may without prejudice to any other method of service be served on any party in accordance with the notice provisions of this Agreement subject always to any mandatory provisions of New Zealand Law.
4. In the event that the guest(s) is a resident outside of New Zealand, the address for service shall be their place of residence or business last known to New Zealand Sotheby’s International Realty Luxury Rental Homes and any time limits in any proceedings shall not be extended by virtue only of the foreign residence.
5. Any notice required or authorized to be served in relation to this Agreement may be signed by the person giving notice or that person’s agent and may be served:
a. By delivering it to the addressee personally; or
b. By posting it by registered letter addressed to the addressee at the addressee’s place of residence or business last known to the sender; or
c. In the case of a company, by leaving it at its place of service or by posting it by registered letter addressed to the addressee at its place of service or addressed to it at its place of business last known to the sender or by delivering it to any person who is named on the public register as a director of the company.
6. In the case of a Company, individual or other entity:
a. By transmission by fax to the fax number of the addressee last known to the sender provided that such notice shall be deemed to have been served on the next working day following the date of transmission.
b. By email to the email address of the addressee last known to the sender provided that such notice must be sent with a “Request a Read Receipt” and shall be deemed to have been served when an acknowledgement of receipt has been emailed back to the sender
7. Where a demand or notice is not served in accordance with any of the foregoing methods, it shall still nevertheless be sufficiently served if actually received by the addressee.
8. A demand or notice posted by registered letter pursuant to these provisions shall be deemed to have been served on the third working day after posting.
9. The modes of service provided by this clause:
a. Do not limit any other sufficient and lawful modes of service.
b. Are subject to any mandatory provisions in any statute.
The guest(s) agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions by paying the deposit, accommodation charges and security bond, either directly through New Zealand Sotheby’s International Realty Luxury Rental Homes, or through a booking agent. The guest authorizes booking agents to release credit card details to New Zealand Sotheby’s International Realty Luxury Rental Homes and authorizes New Zealand Sotheby’s International Realty Luxury Rental Homes to charge guest credit card for additional cleaning, damage, emergency outcalls and associated collection costs.